Dual baccalaureate

DUAL BACCALAUREATE DIPLOMA + AMERICAN HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA

This academic year 2021-2022 we bring our students the exciting opportunity to study the Dual Baccalaureate, a program that allows students to obtain two simultaneous certificates, which are comprised of the school's own diploma and the American High School Diploma. This exciting option is carried out through the American organization Academica Corporation, the main American institution for educational management.

The Dual Diploma is made possible because the US education system assesses students based on knowledge and abilities. Using this concept, to obtain the American High School Diploma, the Dual Diploma student has 75% of the subjects validated. The remaining 25%, which consists of the specific subjects studied in the US (language, history, culture ...) are the subjects that must be taken during the course of study. 

The Dual Diploma is an interdisciplinary program that prepares students to acquire the best levels of proficiency based on three objectives:

1. Language immersion: the program is taught completely in English, students participate in master classes, they can communicate daily with native-speaker teachers and participate in live sessions with other classmates. In short, they put into practice in a real environment everything they have learned throughout the years of study, which increases their confidence and agility for different skills.

2. Technological immersion: the student carries out their learning process more actively, since they are not only taught by an American teacher, but also learn through personal information research, self-reflection and the wide range of activities carried out individually and collaboratively.

3. Personal immersion: the student acquires responsibility and maturity in their schoolwork, with a high level of autonomy, learning how to enhance time management, adaptability and flexibility to work in diverse multicultural environments. These values ​​guarantee the success in a range of small achievements and goals that will prepare them for the future.

 

The Dual Baccalaureate can be taken in 3 or 4 years and workload can therefore be distributed according to the duration, which is why the programme is offered to students of 2nd and 3rd years of Secondary. However, to be awarded the diploma, the student must complete the 2nd year of Baccalaureate as well as passing all American subjects with a good average grade.

For more information, you can contact Marina Martínez, program coordinator, by email at

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it..